Bink and Smacker were pretty much written by me, Jeff Roberts. I had lots of help, but, at the end of the day, I wrote them, I documented them, and I decided what they do and what they don't. So, if you hate 'em, then it's my fault. But... if you like them, well, that's my fault too.
Of course, there were many important people, companies, and products that I relied on:
- The whole RAD gang: Mitch Soule, Casey Muratori, Dave Moore, Dan Thompson, Charles Bloom, Brian Hook, Brian Kearney, John Miles, Darin Blomquist, Atman Binstock, Fabian Giesen, and Per Vognsen!
- Mark Engelberg, Mike Abrash, Mike Sartain, Lee Powell, Terje Matheson, John Miles, Danjel McGougan, Mike Arnquist - all the awesome folks that have worked on Bink with me over the years!
- Dan Thompson for doing most of the platform porting for me!
- Casey Muratori for the great documentation system that Bink uses.
- David Lawrence, David Etherton, Jason Dorie and Phillip Hutchinson, and everyone else you helped with porting and optimizing Bink on various platforms and GPUs.
- Access Software - The initial inspiration for Smacker which, years later, begat Bink. They are no more, alas.
- SN Systems - Developers of the great tools we use on various game consoles.
- AMD - Thanks to AMD for their kind support during the development of Bink for Windows 64.
- Independent JPEG Group - This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
- Our Bink and Smacker customers - too many to list individually now a days, but thanks to all of them for the great ideas.
RAD Game Tools